Do Your Eyes Deceive You?

“Most people give up just when they’re about to achieve success. They quit on the one yard line. They give up at the last minute of the game one foot from a winning touchdown.”
            – Ross Perot

I have a lovely short two minute video to share with you, and I hope you’ll see why I feel it’s so vitally important to watch it.

It’s a perfect reminder of how life works, and why we can’t always believe that what our eyes see, is all that there is.

To rely only our five senses, may limit us. Yet it’s so easy to do, and it can be so convincing.

The process of life can be mystifying! Sometimes it seems nothing is evolving, when in truth we just can’t see it with our eyes.

Cultivating Faith can be a massive challenge. Of course, it’s easy to have Faith when we have signs “proving” it. But it’s much harder to have Faith when we have no obvious clear proof, and when looking at our surroundings, we may even see contradictory evidence.

So, when the road has been too long, or it feels that things just will not change for the better, when it appears that all your steps are getting you nowhere, and your efforts are failing … watch this video again.  And let it be a reminder that what you see isn’t all that’s happening.

With every tiny step you take toward your goal, and every “seed” of action you plant, trust that it’s all working together… even when for a moment, you see no proof.

We must not only see with our eyes, but with our inner vision. Miracles are always unfolding. Sometimes they’re just slower than we’d like them to be.

“Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn.”
Harriet Beecher Stowe

“Many men fail because they quit too soon. They lose Faith when the signs are against them. They do not have the courage to hold on, to keep fighting in spite of that which seems insurmountable. If more of us would strike out and attempt the “impossible,” we very soon would find the truth of that old saying that nothing is impossible…abolish fear and you can accomplish anything you wish.”
                         – Dr. C. E. Welch (founder, Welch’s Grape Juice)

Lance January 22, 2013

What a great video! It just really highlights not only the bean, but also our lives – and how we may not see the change happening – but it is. And that’s such a powerful reminder as we (I) work towards our goals, our dreams, our desires…

Thanks so much for sharing this!
Lance´s last [type] ..Being in the “Doing” and Loving It

Tess The Bold Life January 22, 2013

I love this and it’s soooo true. Just forget it once in a while. Thanks for the reminder. Awesome video. xo

Betsy/Zen-Mama January 22, 2013

The video brought tears to my eyes! And I love your quotes, too. Yes, it’s so true that things are always germinating beneath the surface. We have no idea until suddenly everything comes together.
Thanks for sharing!
xoxo
Betsy
Betsy/Zen-Mama´s last [type] ..Was Your Resolution to Lose Weight Or Get In Shape? Then Read This!

Joy January 22, 2013

*Divine* timing…thank you! Absolutely perfect as I continue to honor presence to organic growth while in the winter season…can feel it all happening internally, but cannot currently see it externally….
Joy´s last [type] ..Surfing the Transformational Wave of Love

Angela Artemis|Powered by Intuition January 22, 2013

This was a beautiful post and I loved the video. Watching it reminded me that I need to remember to keep the faith even when I can’t see that things are working out.
Thank you!
xoxo,
Angela
Angela Artemis|Powered by Intuition´s last [type] ..Intuitive Guidance: 8 Tips to Help You Get Through a Crisis of the Soul

Fran Sorin January 23, 2013

Aileen-
What a beautiful post …and the Video – WOW. Your words about faith are a good reminder that with it, life is filled with magic and gratefulness. Without it, life is an uphill battle.xxoo-Fran

David Stevens January 23, 2013

Nice work…..magic in fact.
be good to yourself
David
David Stevens´s last [type] ..6 Purposeful things…(a Mid Lifer’s Bible)

Sandi Amorim January 24, 2013

This video sent shivers up my spine! Beautiful reminder, thanks Aileen.
Sandi Amorim´s last [type] ..I Dream, Therefore I Am

Galen Pearl February 5, 2013

Indeed. I echo what others have said. A simple video of a “simple” process? No, a miracle. Great analogy to our own dreams.
Galen Pearl´s last [type] ..To Question or Not To Question?

Inspiring Citizen Rafi March 11, 2013

Since there is no access to you tube at my office I was not in a position to see the video. However I could feel the essence of your message from what I saw in your words.

I am a little curious to ask – How would it be if we quit when the plans are not working for us and re-start after regaining all the resources. Wouldn’t that be a wise choice rather than just shooting in the dark without knowing in the dark.

And I see a huge difference in how people feel and see things from one country to another..What do you feel, Aileen?

Sincerely,
Rafi
Inspiring Citizen Rafi´s last [type] ..10 Steps To Success Before You Reach 40

Aileen October 30, 2013

Hi Rafi.
Shooting in the dark is often not the best choice, I agree. Most often we have to take a pause and re-evaluate. It may feel like quitting, but if one is pausing to analyze and reassess it’s not quitting. So, yes, I agree with you about re-starting after we refine our direction, actions and gain the resources needed.

Thank you for stopping by and sharing your thoughts.

iDomDew June 18, 2014

This was a beautiful post and I loved the video. I continue to honor presence to organic growth while in the winter season.
Thanks for sharing!

Eric D. Greene August 8, 2014

I can relate to the message and the video very well. I felt I was in the dark and in that underground state for too long. I kept thinking things should be different, that I wasn’t getting anywhere. But then I understood it was all part of an evolutionary process, that this is how growing works! With that understanding is an excitement rather than despair and doubt. Look forward to more of your blog posts – Eric
Eric D. Greene´s last [type] ..Folsom Sunset

Invicta Watches August 14, 2014

Wow, amazing blog layout! How long have you been blogging for? you made blogging look easy. The overall look of your website is magnificent, as well as the content!|