Success feels fabulous, most of the time. But too often the journey towards it doesn’t feel so wonderful. There are seemingly dead-ends, detours, and moments that look like failures. At times we even find ourselves getting in our way and … dare I say, preventing it from happening.
A number of years I go I worked for a company and the inside joke was “Hello, and thank you for calling. You’ve reached Sales Prevention, how can I prevent you from buying today?” We joked about the fact that it was hard for a willing customer to buy, because the system was so flawed.
The point here is, sometimes we prevent ourselves from achieving our goals because our own systems are flawed, and we don’t make proper adjustments.
Don’t be your own ‘Prevention Office’.
The 5 steps below will help you to have some clarity while you create your own path, seeing only 300 feet in front of you.
1) See the goal – It’s imperative to visualize your goal, dream, vision. You must believe in yourself and know that your goals are achievable and truly see yourself living it’s reality. This is especially important when you don’t see evidence of it happening. You mustn’t see “what is”, when “what is” isn’t what you’re wanting. This helps you create and discover new ways to get there; it opens you up to new opportunities.
2) Listen – In silence, in mediation open yourself up to the Divine. Be willing to ask your intuition, “What do you want me to know?” Be open minded, sit in stillness and listen. If you are seeking more information on learning how to connect with your intuition, I suggest Angela’s Powered by Intuition. I picked 4 of her posts to get you started :
The Secret to Knowing If You’re On The Right Path
7 Simple Steps to Mastering Your Mind
5 Exercises to Tap Into Your Intuitive Genius
Never Miss an Opportunity Again! Learn to Listen To Your Intuition
3) Step away – When walking an unclear path, we tend to have a deep longing for clarity. Although you may not be able to clearly see the road before you, simply stepping away from searching (or fixating) will open up space in the mind. This opens you up to the totality of possibilities. That openness, along with trusting your intuition, will lead you in the right direction
4) Assess & Analyze – This is the time when you look at “what is” in order to see what is working, what progress has been made. Do you see evidence that you’re on a “right” path, or do you feel stuck? Look for small, medium and big clues of success, joy, things that tell you “yes, keep going” or things that tell you, “take this detour, and try this version.” Use this data to help you adjust your strategy.
5) Faith – Know that you are doing the best you can with the information you have right now. Understand that you will know more, as you continue along your road.
The goals, dreams, vision you have inside of you may lay just steps away, or they may require some adjustments from you in order for you to achieve them.
While somethings in life are out of our control, there is a lot that is within our control. Our mindset, our attitude, our openness or our resistance – are all in within our control.
Your path may not be clear, but waiting for a clear path and waiting until you’ve mapped out the “how” it will happen, may actually prevent it from happening. Don’t be too afraid to journey into the unknown.
Below are 3 affirmative prayer thoughts that I use to help me when I need to trust, and yet cannot see what lies ahead. They are taken from one of my favorite books,‘The Perfect Power Within You” Pages 110, 111
“I contemplate my heart’s desire
That which I contemplate becomes my experience. I now turn my entire attention away from the problems and contemplate my heart’s desire knowing that the Perfect Power within me knows how to bring it into my experience.
And so it is.”
“I am in harmony with life
I am in the right place doing the right thing at the right time. This is a golden moment in which I rest knowing that my good is already on the way and will become manifest at the right and perfect time.
And so it is”
“I make right choices
God wants me to have the best. The Perfect Power within me knows what is right for me and is guiding me into right choices.
And so it is”
Creating your own path, walking an unclear path, can be an exciting journey. Focus on the possibilities, tune in to your intuition, and take a moment to analyze your progress. You don’t need to see everything, just enough.