Find Your Confidence and Release Your Power! SOF Episode 2

Welcome back to Episode #2 of the Smart, Opinionated and Fabulous podcast. In this episode we explore self-confidence!

Self-confidence is a topic that’s near and dear to my heart. I’ve had my challenges and success with confidence and finding one’s confidence is definitely worth the journey! Yes for some it comes naturally, and for others it’s something they need to take care, dust off and grow.

In this episode we talk about the lack of confidence and the presence of self-doubt. We look at the importance of self-confidence and examine ways that we can all tap into our natural self-confidence without faking it.

So take a moment and join us as we explore the nature of self-confidence and take a fresh new approach where it’s not something you fake, or build, but it’s something that was born in you and already lives in you, Let’s see what happens when we simply invite it to come out and play.

Click To Play:

Show Notes:

1. How to deal with a lack of self-confidence and where it comes from.

2. Why we don’t like the “fake ‘till you make it” approach.

3. Even for the most confident, there are situations and new dreams that arise when doubts come out, and the feeling of lacking confidence comes into play.

4. Understanding the difference between developing skills and talents, and one’s personal self-confidence.

5. Personifying confidence to help you visualize self-assurance and self-courage.

“Your self-confidence should be immune to the outside world. It should be invincible to noise and clutter. It should stand on such a strong foundation that it weathers any storm.”

6. Understand how the lack of confidence is an illusion, and free yourself from the mode of searching for confidence or feeling it lacking.

Confidence was born within you the moment you were conceived. It has not left you; it can not leave you. So while you build your talents and your skills, and you build your confidence in your ability to do those talents and skills, do not beat-up the natural self-confidence within you. Take good care of your confidence, and invite it everywhere you go!

We’d love to hear your thoughts and opinions both about the show and any topics you want to hear about in the future. You can email us at softalkpodcast[a]gmail[dot]com Thank you for listening!

David Stevens September 21, 2011

Hi Ladies,
Thank you for this presentation. I know that I have a lot to offer however have some “projects” sitting on the shelf. Now is the time to get them off the shelf and to people who will benefit from them.
be good to yourselves
david
David Stevens´s last [type] ..Do Goals scare you?

Angela Artemis|Powered by Intuition September 22, 2011

Hello Aileen and Farnoosh,
I loved hearing both of you. I felt like I was in the room and listening to two dear friends! (which you both are!). An excellent choice for a topic. How many of us have missed opportunities in our lives because we lacked the confidence to go forward?
Angela Artemis|Powered by Intuition´s last [type] ..Sometimes, It’s Best To Just Stop Thinking

Aileen September 23, 2011

Angela, I’d so love for all three of us to be in the same room & chat :) Glad we had that opportunity in NY – hopefully it will happen again :) Confidence is a subject that resonates deeply with me it’s not been an easy journey but it’s been worth the crazy journey to align with it.

Vishnu September 22, 2011

thanks for the reminder – self confidence being internal and should not be swayed by external circumstances or people! i think you both fall on the side of exuberant confidence:)

Aileen September 23, 2011

Hi Vishnu! In truth I do not feel that I yet fall in the side of exuberant confidence, but Thank You for your vote of confidence :) I see you’re blog/website is developing :) I look forward tor reading your posts! :)

Louise September 23, 2011

JUST LISTENED TO EPISODE 2 – YOU BOTH DID A GREAT JOB, I KNOW IT IS A LOT OF HARD WORK BUT IT IS WELL WORTH IT. ENJOYED LISTENING.

Aileen September 23, 2011

Hello Lovely. I see you wrote this in all caps – is that for emphasis? Thank You for taking the time to listen. I appreciate you & your comments

Farnoosh September 27, 2011

I think it’s her yelling at us at the top of her lungs but I love the message so I don’t mind yelling. So so glad you enjoyed this, Louise. We have SO MUCH more coming, so please be sure to subscribe via iTunes!!
Farnoosh´s last [type] ..18 Radical Ways to Stop Procrastination

John Sherry September 23, 2011

What a dream team! You’re getting to sound almost the same person already!! I think confidence is something we project when we don’t have it – we see it in everyone elses faces and actions but never in our own. True confidence is to trust that we all have some of it in natural ways and ours speaks to the world our way through the person we are. No two are the same so it’s impossible to witness ours in the people we see and meet. We are just ‘us’. Great show girls!!
John Sherry´s last [type] ..Are You Open For Business?

Aileen September 23, 2011

“True confidence is to trust that we all have some of it in natural ways and ours speaks to the world our way through the person we are.” Love that!

John, I love to hear your thoughts on confidence – in particular what are your thoughts on confidence in one’s sport ? Maybe I’ll see that on http://100percentchampions.com/ :)
… the difference between natural self-confidence and developing ones talents and skills in the sport they love.

John Sherry September 27, 2011

Interesting challenge there Aileen. Leave it with me!!!
John Sherry´s last [type] ..There’s Work And There’s Work

John Kowalski September 27, 2011

Buenos dias Aileen y Farnoosh!

I really enjoy listening, as the topics are so important. Your thoughts, ideas and conversations are right on target. In today’s extremely busy world, the topics you’ve discussed are everywhere but so often ignored. To stop. To breathe. And to simply identify, is just the beginning. To be truly on a level with yourself to be able to understand your feelings and the reasons behind those feelings, that’s when the real growth begins. This beautiful and wonderful thing called life is a constant journey of feelings, interactions and experiences all in the essence of growth and evolution as individuals. Personally, I am always striving to grow and to be the best I possibly can. Just recently, I have felt that I have identified my true self and purpose. All of the parts and pieces that I have been gathering over the years and have been “simmering,” have finally emerged. I now understand the parts and pieces and the power of their “wholeness,” my true self and purpose. But learning and growth is never over. This is a milestone in my journey.

Your discussions provide a framework, facilitate and ground your audience in the moment. This helps growth and personal development. In listening to this particular podcast, it confirmed some thoughts, provided different perspectives of confidence and guided me through a logical process. I was also entertained. :) More people need to stop and calm the hectic pace. Listening to you both helps. I am able to shut the world off, live fully in the moment and connect with your words.

I feel as if I was rambling a bit so I hope my thoughts make sense. Keep up the wonderful, and important work ladies. I look forward to hearing more!

John
John Kowalski´s last [type] ..Connecting to Barce, Europe and Beyond

Farnoosh September 27, 2011

John, ramble all you want. I am SO SO happy we are starting to grow and connect with our male audience. To be honest with you, Aileen and I really want this show to resonate with everyone and thank you so much for giving us heaps of encouragement to keep us going. You know that I am very happy about your purpose and the execution of it all emerging in the recent weeks and we are delighted to bring you the podcasts and if you have requests for topics, just let us know. A million thanks!
Farnoosh´s last [type] ..18 Radical Ways to Stop Procrastination

Aileen September 27, 2011

Hi John, I’m happy to hear this resonated with you. We we’re hoping that we relate to men as well as women and you comment tells us Yes :) I just checked out your website; love what you’re doing – you’re a corporate healer for businesses.
Thanks again for your thoughtful comment. :)

David Stevens September 30, 2011

Hi,
I’ve been listening Ladies. Keep up the great work.
be good to yourselves
David
David Stevens´s last [type] ..The Imagination series (part 1)

Aileen October 4, 2011

John Sherry October 2, 2011

Boy Aileen, are you two gelling together. This, for me, was a real cracker of a treat episode. I absolutely agree that faking isn’t making any real connections except, well, fake ones, so be yourself and don’t try to influence people who will never be your real friends. Perhaps, as you suggest, confidence is over sold? Perhaps what we all really need to focus on is defining personality, shape ourselves up, have a dialogue with the person inside, marry our whole being together, and concern ourselves only with that because most confidence teaching looks at how we relate beyond ourself and that’s never what it’s about. Maybe it shouldn’t be called self-help but help self, then we’d realise WE are all we need so best get to know that person.
John Sherry´s last [type] ..What To Do When You Are In-Between

John Sherry October 2, 2011

PS I know it’s the 2nd time I’ve listened to it but it was one I wanted to hear again. Bravo!!
John Sherry´s last [type] ..What To Do When You Are In-Between

Aileen October 4, 2011

“Perhaps what we all really need to focus on is defining personality, shape ourselves up, have a dialogue with the person inside, marry our whole being together, and concern ourselves only with that because most confidence teaching looks at how we relate beyond ourself and that’s never what it’s about” WOO HOO!!!! I couldn’t agree more!