Grace Happens

white swan reflection in water

Grace Happens

Day break breathes

The sun rises ~ tells us, “Morning has come.”

Yesterday is over

Night slips away and allows the dawn to rise and to shine!

Again, we awake ….we’ve been given another opportunity to be present in life – open to receive any messages Spirit has for us

Or

We can choose to rush through morning to get through our day, closed off to God and Sprit

Grace Happens

Even in a closed-off-mode of hustle bustle Grace can happen

Divine Spirit, the Grace of God, whatever you choose to call to it…. can pierce through our daily activities and wake us up. It may be in the form of profound gratitude that we experience. It may be in the form of intuition, or it may be in the form of a deep realization.  When Grace happens we connect with Spirit, with the Divine, in clear and profound way.

It Happens

Spirit can speak to us through feelings, signs, intuition and in countless other ways. Sometimes it comes during mediation and prayer and other times it interrupts our day, interrupts our thoughts and our busy schedule.

Sometimes it’s a chance meeting that turns into a lifetime friendship, or a random conversation with someone  who says something that makes you realize they see you differently than you see yourself. Sometimes an idea is sparked that opens the pathway to a better life.

…and “magic happens”

God, Divine Spirit, speaks to us ~ and the gift of clarity appears and we see life differently

Inner truths are revealed and can no longer be denied ~ gratitude fills our hearts

Grace Happens

Sometimes along life’s journey we abandon ourselves, our dreams.

Sometimes we deny ourselves what we are capable of and keep ourselves from speaking up, from standing up, from reaching out.

Sometimes we keep ourselves held back, we put ourselves in a teeny tiny box and wish for a bigger life. We unknowingly ask others to keep us down and if they dare try to empower us we just may resist, make excuses and get angry at them.

Grace Happens

The longer we stay the course and actively pursue our dreams (not just dream of them), the more we face our inner demons of fear, doubt, insecurity…. They challenge us.  But, how long will we allow those inner demons to stop us from moving forward in the direction of our lives.

Grace Happens

As we continue to take action steps forward, and continue to connect with Spirit through prayer, mediation, and gratitude, things begin to shift. Little by little, and step by step.

Grace Happens

Little by little clarity appears, confidence grows, and things unfold for us that show us we are on the right path. We become stronger than our old sabotaging habits. We out grow our limited believes. Rather than hoping we can achieve our dreams, we are simply taking strides in that direction.

We become focused only on living in the present and we no longer frighten ourselves with the “what ifs”.

Perhaps we only see as far as a few steps ahead, but our faith grows and we allow ourselves to be lead or guided by something bigger than us, Divine Spirit, God.

Grace Happens

And little by little new beads of clarity occur, awareness occurs, revelations happen.

We have shed our old skin, our old habits are clear to us, old limiting belief’s come out of the darkness of our subconscious and into the light of our conscious where we can see them and see how untrue they are.

Grace Happens

The past two months have been filled with personal revelations, beads of clarity, and awareness. It’s rather overwhelming, but I’ve learned when spirit speaks I need to listen and take it all in. Sometimes it feels unbearable to see how we hold ourselves back, and see the patterns we’ve held for years, or decades.

How deep are you willing to go in order to see inside yourself the things that hold you back?

How willing are you to reach the depths of your core and change the things that need to change in your mind and  your habits in order to become the person you were born to be and achieve the deep desires of your heart?

Makes me think of Deepak Chopra’s words:

“It’s a phenomenon that psychologists call Premature Cognitive Commitment. Premature, because we make it at a very early stage of our development. Cognitive, because that’s how they cognize or see the world. And commitment, because it fixes us to a particular reality, it imprisons us in a fixed mode of perception.

There are many variations of these experiments. In India, when they train elephants, they take the baby elephant and tie it with an iron chain to a huge tree. Then they start cutting the size of the chain and the tree. Ultimately you can tie the elephant which a big animal now, with a flimsy rope to a green plant but the elephant is unable to escape. It’s made a commitment in its body-mind that it’s in a prison!

Or you can do another simple experiment. Take some flies and put them in a jar. After a while remove the lid from the jar and you’ll find that most of the flies, except for a couple of pioneers, will not be able to escape. They make a commitment in their body-mind that they’re in a prison.

People will tell you who work in aquariums that you can separate fish from each other. They’re in big glass tanks and the separations are transparent glass partitions. You can remove the glass partition after a while. The fish will swim to the edge of where the partition was and return. They made a commitment that that’s as far as they can go. ”

Whereever you are in your journey toward living your vision, Grace Happens. It happens more when we’re deeply open to it, but even amidst closed perception…. Grace Happens.

The patterns we have may not be fully clear to us since they live deep in the psyche (the unconscious). Many of these patterns we learned early on, like the above example of the elephant and the aquarium, and it’s not until we challenge our perceived limitations that we discover their presence.

When Grace happens, we’re given a key to a breakthrough. We can choose to ignore it and deny it, or we can choose to do something with it.

It can happen everywhere, anywhere and at any time – it’s up to you to be open to its message.

Vishnu August 2, 2011

Aileen – I would like to see grace happens on bumper stickers instead of the other thing that bumper stickers say happen:)

Awareness and patience seem critical to be able to see grace unfold in our lives. thanks for this bold post.

Aileen August 4, 2011

Vishnu, that’s a brilliant idea – a bumper sticker! :) I totally agree it would be great to see that while driving in traffic and sitting at stop lights.

Leah McClellan August 2, 2011

Aileen, I totally love this. How true! How true! So cool to read this, partly because I’m currently ripping out some parts of my life that are holding me back and thinking on how they’re just preconceived notions, things I’ve enjoyed doing (or think I ought to do) but I’m not really enjoying them right now because I have other priorities. Thinking on stuff I’ve fallen into that held me back before–not bad things, but stuff that didn’t really serve me–and I don’t want to be held back anymore. Listening to the divine voice or grace or our deeper selves–whatever you want to call it–is a very good thing.

Very nice to read this–my Divine Grace just wanted to send me a reminder, I’m sure :)

Aileen August 4, 2011

Hi Leah. How lovely that your Divine Grace just wanted to send you a reminder :) I love the visual that pops up in my mind as I think of Grace giving us reminders :)

It really is an awesome thing to happen when we have those moments of seeing the things/thoughts/beliefs/relationships/activities that do not serve us. It’s an incredible moment to see it clearly and then make empowering changes and adjustments to the things that truly do benefit our lives and our truth.

Cristina | Positively Beauty August 3, 2011

Thank you for these beautiful words Aileen – I needed the reminder :)

Aileen August 4, 2011

:) Hi Cristina – today you are an open channel for Grace to come through – many blessings for you!!!!

Lance August 3, 2011

This is beautiful…

And it reminds me of something that happened recently. Oh, maybe it wasn’t anything big or earth-shattering. Still, grace happened…

I was out riding my bike, and also knew I had play rehearsal in less than a couple of hours (that play…it’s sticking with me!). I was out riding, and had a flat tire. No problem, I carry a spare tube with me. Except that in the process of putting it in and inflating it, I broke the valve stem (i.e. the tube was no longer any good). Defeated, I started to walk my bike down the road – figuring I was about a mile from a bike shop, where I could get it fixed, and then bike home (no one was home that night to pick me up). As I’m walking down the road, two other bikers pass me. And they offer to help me fix it. I decline, saying it’s not far to the bike shop. they stop anyway. And grace happens…as we work together to get the flat tire fixed. Grace happens, even when I denied it at first. Grace happens…

Aileen August 4, 2011

Lance, you just made me smile so much my face hurt “Grace hap­pens, even when I denied it at first. Grace happens…” – and I must say I’m glad that play is sticking with you – I just can’t help but feel there’s even more blessings happening because you took that journey. I wish you a life time of Grace happening in beautiful ways

Angela Artemis August 3, 2011

This was wonderful. I loved reading it. Your words are full of truth. We do hold ourselves back, don’t we? I remember when I was just pining to go back to school. I kept thinking it was too late. I was in my 30s then and felt that it would be impossible to quit my job and be a student but, one day it hit me. Why couldn’t I do just that? And just like that my thinking shifted and one year later I was a student again! I’m glad you’re having so many break-throughs of your own! I’d love to hear about them.
xxoo
Angela

Aileen August 4, 2011

Ahhhh – Angela that is a wonderful act of Grace ” I kept think­ing it was too late. I was in my 30s then and felt that it would be impos­si­ble to quit my job and be a stu­dent but, one day it hit me. Why couldn’t I do just that? And just like that my think­ing shifted and one year later I was a stu­dent again!”
Yes, we must talk soon!!!! I’ll tell you more – it’s just amazing what happens when we keep taking steps towards the life we want – and we keep expanding our minds beyond fear and imaginary limitations. it’s an illuminating walk!

Jeffrey Willius August 3, 2011

Hi Aileen — Beautifully written and so important to recognize and let grace happen. For me it often takes the form of forgiveness. Do you know what I mean?

Aileen August 4, 2011

Oh yes, yes, yes I do know what you mean :)
Thank you Jeffery.

Farnoosh August 4, 2011

What a gorgeous post. Did you write this? It’s poetry, you know? I love it. I am very impressed and I knew you were holding back a tad bit here because you have SO MUCH to offer with yourself, your writing, your presence in videos and so much more, Aileen. Beautiful words here….!

Aileen August 4, 2011

Thank you Farnoosh! :)

Ajen August 4, 2011

Lovely. Aileen, this post touched me as it was so timely for me to read. It is amazing how we can create a prison and be totally oblivious to the grace that surrounds us. Our prisons are made into various forms (mentally, spiritually, or physically) and ironically serves the purpose of allowing us to overcome a challenge that is holding back our spiritual, physical and mental progress. Grace happens when we realize the gift hidden in our own prisons. It is this very gift that allows us to break free of our ego and move freely through the limitless universe. Grace also happens when we develop the ability to see the gift in the prison cell and we then choose to retrieve it without closing the prison cell door behind us.

Simply lovely. Thank you Aileen.

Aileen August 4, 2011

Ajen – “It is this very gift that allows us to break free of our ego and move freely through the lim­it­less uni­verse.” Amen to that
Thank you for your insightful comment.

Anne August 5, 2011

“Grace Happens”, it is like our breathe..that essential part of ourselves that some never come in tune with, some choose to take for granted until they struggle for it. The soul of our being, how could we ignore it? Grace is there as is our breathe, for us to give gratitude and attention. We would be no where without grace, we could not live without our breathe. Aileen you are brilliant beyond words and I thank you for sharing such beautiful insight and reminding all of us that “Grace Happens”.

Aileen August 8, 2011

it truly is like our breath – the breath of life and all that is. :) Thank you for sharing your beautiful comment

Joe @ Shake off the Grind August 6, 2011

This is truly beautiful! There are so many words of wisdom here that if people take to heart they will begin to open their eyes to a benevolent and generous world. The way things are presented to us so often through media and other cynical folks makes it seem that the world is out to get us. However it is in fact the opposite and all we need to do is begin looking for the proof and expecting the positive outcomes.

Anne August 6, 2011

I can’t help myself, I had to read this post again! I feel I should share a story. During a traumatic event in my life, I eagerly was grasping for a self care weekend to breathe again. The healing centers I found were priced to high for me. My amazing sister kept saying “keep trying”. She gently reminded me this isn’t a desire but a need. I tried to just breathe on my own through meditation which helped, but my trauma, I am still walking through. I received an email for a half off all inclusive self care retreat. It was the answer to my prayers and I thanked God for this opportunity. This is Grace happening to me right now. I feel blessed for the awareness, I feel blessed to appreciate that “Grace Happens” , blessed for recovery, blessed to have the most amazing sister on the face of this earth! “Grace Happens”.

Aileen August 8, 2011

I LOVE this story! THANK YOU so much for sharing this Grace Happening experience. Sometimes we have to just keep breathing through and trusting that Grace is happening and allow it to keep unfolding in it’s perfect shape and form.
Thank you so much for sharing this story!

Aileen August 8, 2011

“all we need to do is begin look­ing for the proof and expect­ing the pos­i­tive outcomes.” Joe, you are so right on! I’ve recently made it my mission to simply test and see all the glorious proof and celebrate it – I’m challenging just how positive outcomes can be. It’s only been about 11 days of this mission, but it’s been a rather euphoric and eye opening experience. I’m curious to see just how much of a habit I can form with this crisp vision of life – and how long I can sustain seeing this way throughout the day – day in and day out. :)

John Sherry August 8, 2011

Lovely Aileen; gentle, serene, delicate, flower like in truth. Grace is a soft breeze on a warm day, the sun behind rain clouds, a smile on a haggard face, a love letter delivered out fo the blue; all waiting to appear in a splended suddenness. Yet grace is our very nature so it’s merely a reflection of what we are when we let ourselves appear. Bliss you Aileen!

Aileen August 8, 2011

“Bliss you” :) I love that! How brilliant :)

“a reflec­tion of what we are when we let our­selves appear” – ahh to show up full in life. So very very true!

Zengirl @ Heart And Mind August 9, 2011

What a wonderful poetic post! I simply loved it, grace does happen, and now I am believer!

I always admired deepak chopara but lately have not read much of him, so it was good and refreshing to read his thoughts here.

Preeti

Aileen August 12, 2011

Hi Preeti :) thank you for stopping by. I wish you lots of Grace Happening moments!!

Evelyn Lim August 9, 2011

Allowing grace means the freedom to be. It is being in the flow, giving myself plenty of space. It requires me to change perceptions that are limiting. Most certainly, it means going deep inside to connect with the truth inside my heart. Like you, I have been doing going back to doing more inner work lately. Thank you for this very inspiring post on grace.

Aileen August 12, 2011

Evelyn, you are so right. I love reading this “Allow­ing grace means the free­dom to be. It is being in the flow, giv­ing myself plenty of space. It requires me to change per­cep­tions that are lim­it­ing. Most cer­tainly, it means going deep inside to con­nect with the truth inside my heart” – Yes, yes, yes! We can invite Grace in

pea August 10, 2011

I love the phrase ‘little new beads of clarity’ because it suggests moving forward at a manageable small pace which is less daunting. A charming and hopeful piece beautifully written my dear.

Aileen August 12, 2011

Thank you! :)

Destiny December 15, 2011

I’m not easily impressed but you’ve done it with that posnitg.

Tess The Bold Life August 12, 2011

I agree with Farnoosh, you’ve been holding back. Be the gift you are and share more inspiring words. I appreciate your quote from Deepak. I had a breakthrough this morning. I sat down and waited for one before I got in more trouble than I already put myself in;) Love that…grace happens.

Aileen August 12, 2011

Isn’t it great when we catch ourselves and patiently wait for insights before getting ourselves into trouble. Too many times in the past I’d be impatient and not wait for the insight and guidance – and that’s not usually a good thing.