Ever tried to use an affirmation but felt like it wasn’t working?
Sometimes it’s a matter of customizing the affirmation so it rings true with your mind. It’s not going to be effective if it feels like we’re lying to ourselves.
Below is my first video blog post, and below it are some key phrases I like to use to kick-start a fresh new affirmation.
Here’s a personal example:
1) Start with the thought you don’t want – example: it’s so hard to lose weight
2) Go to the ideal thought – example: I’m so happy I’m at my ideal weight
3) Work your way from thought # 1 towards thought #2, and come to a phrase that’s believable and workable
- Example: It’s so hard to lose weight, but by saying this I feel trapped. I want to be at my ideal weight but it seems so far away. If I could implement consistent healthy changes I know I would lose the weight. I’ve done it before I can do it again. I just have to reduce of my sugar intake, reduce my “high glycemic index” foods (like bread and other carbs) that instantly turn into sugar. I need to stop my inflammatory foods and beverages, like coffee, and I need to spike up my exercise beyond dancing.
- I know what I need to do to lose weight and I can choose to make consistently healthy choices.
- Starting now, I choose the healthy choices. I love making healthy choices and I love the empowered feeling it gives me. I am so excited to make my 30 day campaign of wild and crazy health! I start today.
- Today I chose health! …and I love the rewards of health more than I enjoy that short-lived moment of morning coffee. I can do this!
Now I have a handful of affirmations that I can use throughout the day to keep me making healthy choices and take the consistent steps towards losing the eight pounds I’ve been carrying around.
Kick start phrases to create your affirmations:
- I know that I am more than capable of ….
I know that I am more than capable of being a social butterfly, I’m going to enjoy meeting one new person today
- I know that I am perfectly capable of….
I know that I am perfectly capable of asking for a raise and I’m going to put together a document of everything I’ve done over and above my requirements that will help me to articulate my request.
- From this point forward I choose to…
From this point forward i choose to not give in to fear. If I have to take it with me so be it. I will no longer be stopped by fear.
- That was then. This is now and now I……
That was then. This is now and now I am no longer afraid to approach a person and start a conversation.
- Today I choose…..
Today I choose to show myself love by being disciplined and sticking to my workout routine
- I am so excited to……. Because……
(I am so excited to make that awkward phone call because I’ll have made the empowered choice and the issue will be off my mind)
- I can….if I calm down and choose to….
(I can hear my intuition if I calm down and choose to sit in stillness for a moment. I’ll do that now)
- Together with the divine…….
(Together with the divine there is nothing I cannot handle. I will walk into that event and talk to ten people)
(Together with the divine, I have the strength to get through this and I can already feel it’s success).
Please share with me your favorite affirmations! I’d love to hear them.