Do You Take Your Recommended Daily Dose of Vitamin M ?

cheerful lady eating an apple“People often say that motivation doesn’t last. Well, neither does bathing – that’s why we recommend it daily.” ~Zig Ziglar

Yes vitamin M is motivation and yes we need it daily.  Without it,  fear and doubt are likely to grow like that nasty viral-bacterial infection you got on your last trip that started the global chipmunk flu epidemic.

So with your daily cleansing, I’d like to offer you a healthy dose of vitamin M. It’s a quote that motivates me when I find myself dwelling on past “failures”.

“Don’t let Mistakes Get You Down”  By Douglas Lurton

The Strong men and women bounce back after making mistakes. They have the courage to try to avoid repetition of errors and to improve. The weaklings make mistakes and don’t bounce back. They develop fear of trying again and having to make good. They wallow in regrets for past errors…. Remorse is a saboteur that can hold you back on any job and in any walk of life.

Babe Ruth whammed out home runs, but also fanned 1330 times and didn’t sulk about it. Thomas Edison made countless mistakes in his laboratories. Abraham Lincoln failed in many ventures. …But all of these and countless others in more obscure places had one thing in common – They didn’t let their mistakes get them down. They recognized that courage has magic in it, and they bounced back after failure and tried again – and won.”

My wish for you is that you never fear success or failure, and if you do, I hope you will not let it stop you. I hope you’ll choose courage and continue on your journey.

What tips or quotes help motivate your day?

David | Listen Feel Breathe March 7, 2011

I’ll have lots of that Vitamin M please :) It’s one of those vitamins you have to take every morning to get the most out of your day.

“Don’t let what is within your grasp today be missed entirely, because the future intrigued you, or the past disheartened you. Act when you have an opportunity.” ~ John L Mason
David | Listen Feel Breathe´s last [type] ..Are you satisfied with good enough

Aileen March 8, 2011

I love the quote you gave! Thank you for adding that :)

Yes Vitamin M helps us get the most out our day in a major way! :)

Farnoosh March 9, 2011

I love the quote there too, David and Aileen, thank you for the new Vitamin to add to my daily dose. You are so thoughtful and creative with this post here.
Farnoosh´s last [type] ..Depression- How to Recognize it and Regain Control

Aileen March 11, 2011

David | Listen Feel Breathe March 17, 2011

Hi Farnoosh and Aileen,

That quote has been a source of vitamin M for me a lot over the last few months. It has helped me to become more mindful of the present. This is something that is so much more important than I ever realised.

agree that is a clever post Aileen :)
David | Listen Feel Breathe´s last [type] ..Are you managing your life or are you leading your life

Aileen March 22, 2011

Ahh yes, to be mindful in the present – incredibly important, … and too often pushed aside for “important worries”

Living the Balanced Life March 7, 2011

I love Zig Ziglar, he is so awesome!
I also loved Jim Rohn, one of my favorite quotes comes from him:

Success is nothing more than a few simple disciplines, practiced every day.

Thanks for the vitamin M!
Bernice
Living the Balanced Life´s last [type] ..Don’t live in default mode

Aileen March 8, 2011

Hi Bernice :)
I agree, Jim Rohn is truly wonderful! Thank you for adding the fantastic quote!!

Clearly Composed March 7, 2011

I am motivated by reading blogs in the morning, such as this one! It’s great to start my days now reading all the fabulous posts out there that are inspiring, encouraging, and motivating. It’s great fuel and I always fill my tank. :)

Thanks for all of your posts, tips, support, wisdom and advice, Aileen.
Clearly Composed´s last [type] .. Nutrition Spotlight- Fruit

Aileen March 8, 2011

Hi Emma. I love that you take in Vitamin M every morning :) what a brilliant way to start every day

Angela Artemis/Powered by Intuition March 7, 2011

I just bought a bottle of Vitamin M! I can feel the difference already! Thanks so much for your inspiration. I really needed this today.
Angela Artemis/Powered by Intuition´s last [type] ..The Miracle That is Sahaja Yoga Meditation

Aileen March 8, 2011

Powerful and fast acting little vitamin isn’t it :) move over Tylenol, here comes Vitamin M

John Sherry March 7, 2011

What a super post Aileen – a pill for positivity called M for motivation. We ACTUALLY need such pills for real to act as placebos for our all too often floundering ambitions or deflated spirits. But they can also be in book form, in a song, or even images that spark determination. Motivation is a dish best served and digested daily and it’s always a tonic – just like your blog Aileen! To your success always.
John Sherry´s last [type] ..4 Powerful Self-Acceptance Tips

Aileen March 8, 2011

” Moti­va­tion is a dish best served and digested daily and it’s always a tonic ” :) love that!

It’s true, books, songs, images can spark our determination and move obstacles that try to hold us back.

Belinda March 7, 2011

What a clever post, Aileen! It’s true that motivation is one of those things that we can stand to replenish a little more regularly. And it’s not that hard, really. For me, reading a quote about a word that currently speaks to me or reading an article about someone I admire will usually do it for me. Sometimes, I think it’s okay to lean in to that feeling of having no motivation; it could be our bodies’ way of letting us know we’re near burnout. But lingering in that space long after the body has replenished its energy is a total luxury I can’t afford.

Aileen March 8, 2011

Belinda, what a great way of looking at motivation and the space of stillness without motivation. So very, very true

Michael@OutMaturity March 8, 2011

LOVE to take HUGE doses of Vitamin M daily. With all the negative news out there, Vitamin M will get you through the day and closer to your goals being met!! : )

Thanks for sharing!

Michael
OutMaturity
Michael@OutMaturity´s last [type] ..5 Reasons To Splurge On A New Car

Aileen March 11, 2011

Hi Michael. Vitamin M is a great “cure” for ill feelings that occur after ingesting too much news :)
Thank you for stopping by and sharing your thoughts.

Tess The Bold Life March 8, 2011

It’s easy for me to get motivated when I read simple, elegant and wise blogs like yours. I don’t struggle with vitamin m, but I do need a good dose of vitamin f for focus;)
Tess The Bold Life´s last [type] ..50 Questions for Reflection and Personal Growth

Aileen March 11, 2011

Tess, I love that Vitamin F for focus. :)

MaGeezy March 8, 2011
Jen Gresham March 9, 2011

Yes, we underestimate the need for motivation in our lives. The trick is to find that motivation inside ourselves, rather than only finding it in others. I love that you refered to it as a kind of magic. We should all become magicians, pulling our motivation out of our own hats. :)
Jen Gresham´s last [type] ..Are You Choosing To Be A Victim

Aileen March 11, 2011

“We should all become magi­cians, pulling our moti­va­tion out of our own hats” I love that Jen

Colby March 24, 2011

SO TRUE! The best thing about Vitamin M is it’s free and you can’t OD on it and thank goodness it doesn’t expire! :)

van025 May 10, 2011

This is a first time I have heard about this kind of VITAMIN.And it is a useful one that everyone need to start a new day.Love this:x
van025’s last blog: http://www.judithbassler.com/blog

Aileen May 10, 2011

:) It is a perfect way to start a day. Thank you for stopping by and leaving your comment :)

pinterest October 15, 2014

Most Facebook users are teenagers who do not have a lot of money to spend.
Unfortunately, it’s also introduced a host of ways to violate intellectual property laws.
The more powerful the image, the more interest
you will provoke in visitors to your profile which in turn will result in your
profile attracting more followers.
pinterest´s last [type] ..pinterest