In the spirit of Kaizen Vision, living with a vision of small continuous improvements, I was inspired this morning to write a post about a blog that has helped me make continuous improvements to this site.
The main reason I was inspired to write this today is… my site went down last week when I installed a plug-in that had a bug.
Dina gave a great suggestion and she has a great tutorial for it…Install WordPress Locally in Windows to sample a change on the computer not on the actual site. This will allow you to sample changes and if a plug-in has a bug it won’t take your site down (that’s what happened to me, bad plug-in)
Her blog is a blessing.With her clear easy to follow video tutorials, www.blog.web6.org has allowed me to make continuous improvements to the technical aspect of Kaizenvision.com.
Just a sample of the great things I’ve learned from her so far:
- Adding my photo (gravatar)
- Adding Page numbers (rather than “previous” and “next”)
- Adding Popular Posts to the Sidebar
- How to Back up and Restore
- Customizing the “Read More” Link
- Adding W.P in windows (this allows the blogger to sample changes such as a new plug-in and if it has a bug you can see it before it takes your site down).
Some online tutorials are hard to follow. The tutorials on this site are step by step. They are clear and concise…and most importantly they are truly helpful!
I wanted to share www.blog.web6.org with you. Perhaps you find the same immense value that I have found. When you find a treasure, share it.