Quote for today… The Law of Flotation

Floating Trapeze Artists Performing
Photo from Flickr

“The law of flotation was not discovered by contemplating the sinking of things, but by contemplating the floating of things.”

– Thomas Troward

What are you contemplating today? Is it in alignment with what you desire? I wish you the happiest of contemplations, may they lead you to wonderful discoveries and enhance your reality, your life experience. We design our life with our thoughts and actions. May your life be a design of your liking.

Jean Sarauer May 26, 2010

Ah, now that touches the spirit. It is a beautiful evening here and I’m going to make some green tea in a few minutes, enjoy the last rays of daylight, and meditate on this quote.

Thank you for sharing!
.-= Jean Sarauer´s last blog ..Exclusive Blog Content: Spark of Genius or Flash of Insanity? =-.

Aileen May 27, 2010

Oh YAY for yummy green tea and the setting sun, what a wonderful way to close the day! :)

Clearly Composed May 26, 2010

I think it is pretty on track with who I am and will be. :)
.-= Clearly Composed´s last blog ..~ What Is It Like In Your Bubble Today? =-.

Aileen May 27, 2010

With your fantastic bubble advice, I completely understand how you are on track with who you are and will be. I loved your bubble article! When it’s happy in the bubble, our contemplations are in alignment with our desires!!

Thank you for stopping by today and sharing your thoughts :)

Chania Girl May 26, 2010

We are contemplating big decisions: leaving Greece and moving to Oz. I will do my best to float. :)
.-= Chania Girl´s last blog ..The Someone Who Hides Inside You =-.

Aileen May 27, 2010

Oh I send you the energy to float Chania Girl! Contemplating leaving Greece, that is a big decision. I wish you Angels to guide you in your decisions. May they share their wings if you need them.

Lauren May 27, 2010

A lovely quote – I think of it as going with the flow. Just last week in the hot tub at Esalen I asked someone to “float” me, hold me up so I could just let go and float.

I love floating, both physically and figuratively.

Thanks so much.
Lauren

Aileen May 27, 2010

Oh that sounds so heavenly, floating in a hot tub at Esalen. Just thinking about it makes feel like I’m floating.
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Angela Artemis May 27, 2010

I love this quote from Thomas Troward. He was a great contributor to New Thought of which I am a student.

Today, I am contemplating my new minimalist future – downsizing to a smaller home, carrying less debt, then being able to devote more time to writing & Mystic Musings and giving mediumship readings.

Thanks for this lovely quote Aileen!
.-= Angela Artemis´s last blog ..Intuition: You Don’t Have to Scare The **** Out of Yourself! =-.

Aileen May 27, 2010

:) I too am a student of New Thought/Science of Mind. I’m excited for your new minimalist future, very exciting and liberating!! It feels like you are in complete alignment with the universe.

Mark May 28, 2010

I love this quote. It is so true, the Wright Brothers did not figure out flight by thinking about how to stay on the ground. We must check our perspective and notice our approach for it may be holding us back. I have often said when up against a big challenge, one can find a hundred reasons why this won’t work, the key is to find the one reason it will work!
.-= Mark´s last blog ..Give The World The Peace of Your Mind, Your Heart and Soul =-.

Katie May 28, 2010

I am contemplating balance, boldness, beauty…hmmm. Maybe there’s a bee in my future. I love your thought process, Aileen. We create and design our lives. It’s the secret, really.
.-= Katie´s last blog ..How to Time Travel on a Budget =-.

emily June 4, 2010

WOW!!!! Is it o.k. to print that out with your name on it and post it on my wall! I’d like to read this EVERY MORNING!! I’d like to read it to my daughters every day.

Aileen June 6, 2010

How fabulous! Yes, print it and post it where-ever you’d like. I’m happy it resonates with you!

Amy June 5, 2010

Aileen June 6, 2010

Hi Amy, thanks for visiting!! YES, “the key is find the one reason it will work” :)
Thank you for your comment!

Jeorgina Manuel June 2, 2015

Very inspiring quote. I think of it as just go with the flow no matter how hard the situation is. Thanks for sharing this!