Quote for Today

small blooming rosebud

“And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.”

Anais Nin

yellow rose

Sometimes we are motivated by love. (such as, because I love & honor myself I will practice self-care today)

Sometimes we are motivated by pain. (Such as, the pain of playing small and silencing my voice has become more painful than taking the risk of being heard and doing what I feel I must do).

Whichever motivates you today, I applaud you for taking the risk and blossoming.

Jean Sarauer May 12, 2010

I can’t remember when I first ran across this quote – I’m thinking it was in “The Artist’s Way,” by Julia Cameron. In any event, the quote describes what it felt like for me a few years back when I was living according to everyone else’s expectations/needs and ignoring my own dreams. Painful!
.-= Jean Sarauer´s last blog ..When Bad Things Happen to Good Bloggers =-.

Aileen May 13, 2010

oh that one is a deep but necessary growing pain, the “living according to every one else’s expectations/needs and ignoring my own dreams” How wonderful you made it through that – as painful as it is. Now the world gets the blessing of your insightful & spirited writing!!

Chania Girl May 13, 2010

Do you know, I’ve had this quote sitting in my notebook for a while now … found it a few weeks ago, and I love it. It was wonderful to find it here today … and with your lovely words. Thank you.
.-= Chania Girl´s last blog ..Moving House: A New Home for Living Happiness =-.

Clearly Composed May 25, 2010

I love that quote too. Reminds me of how I feel in the spring when I am eager and ready to bloom myself! :)
.-= Clearly Composed´s last blog ..~ Pizza, Smoothies and Balance =-.

Bradford Kachel June 13, 2010

I have to state, you chose your words well. The ideas you wrote on your encounters are well placed. This is an incredible blog!

karen November 30, 2010

Thank you for a wonderful and inspiring blog. Bless. Greetings from Denmark.
Karen

Aileen December 2, 2010

Thank you Karen. Wishing you a world of fulfillment and joy!